Throbbing tooth pain is one of the worst things that you will never want to happen to you. This is because the pain has a steady rhythm that comes and goes. We can simply say that it mimics how the heartbeat goes. If you want to know some remedies to ease the pain, visit emergencydentistperthdr.com.au website. There are several causes of throbbing tooth pain that comes and goes.
Some of them are
- Fractures in tooth
- Damaged fillings
- Gum diseases/infections
- Tooth abscess
- New growth of tooth
Home remedies for throbbing tooth pain
Once you start experiencing tooth pain that comes and goes, it means that things are not right with your tooth. Usually, the best thing to do is to book an appointment with your dentist. But before you visit the dentist, you will want to relieve the pain. Below are home remedies that will help you especially during the night.
- Elevate your head with 2 or 3 pillows to reduce the flow of blood to the area affected.
- Use warm and salty water to rinse your mouth.
- Use pain relievers like Diclofenac or Paracetamol which can be bought over the counter.
Treating throbbing tooth pain
The dentist will examine and treat your tooth depending on the cause. Here are some of the common causes and their medication.
- Cavities – Involves filling of the hole. A complex procedure will be done if the damage is extensive.
- Fractured tooth -This will require filling of a crown/cap to your tooth or root canal. The tooth may be removed if it can’t be saved.
- Gum disease/infection – This will only require antibiotics prescription. Gum surgery will be performed in cases that are severe.
- Damaged fillings – The fillings will need to be repaired or replaced. Gum surgeries will be performed in extreme cases.
Good oral hygiene is very important for healthy teeth. It’s recommended to go for tooth checkup and cleaning at least twice a year. If you experience throbbing tooth pain, visit your dentist so as to determine the underlying cause. This will help avoid severe complications that may arise from untreated tooth pain.