How can we maintain a bright, whiter smile? Does professional teeth whitening work? How much does it cost? Well then, if you are looking for a dental service provider for your teeth whitening, check out Sure Smile Dental in Coopers Plains.
It is a simple process that dentists use to lighten the color of the teeth. There are several whitening products that you can use to lighten the color of your teeth. These whitening product may contain either of the two tooth bleaches, namely hydrogen peroxide or carbamide peroxide. Between the two, manufacturers most commonly use hydrogen peroxide in whitening products.
Dentists usually administer whitening methods. On the other hand, it can be a product that the dentist will allow you to use at home. Of course, there are products that you can buy over-the-counter or made at home. However, before using these products, it would be better to ask your dentist about it.
Otherwise, you can directly get a professional whitening from them.
What is professional teeth whitening?
Professional teeth whitening is an in-office procedure that is the most common cosmetic dental treatment in the world today. Professional and well-trained dentists and their team conduct this cosmetic dental procedure. There is nothing to fear about in this procedure.
However, patients have to take note of a few considerations. They have to know all the details about the procedure, including its advantages and disadvantages. In this article, we are able to list down common pros and cons associated with professional teeth whitening. These details can also help you in your decision-making.
There are several advantages with undergoing professional teeth whitening. We have enumerated a few of them below.
- You can expect faster results after doing professional teeth whitening. It will instantly give you a brighter and more appealing smile as well.
- The dentist will ensure that the procedure is safe and tested. In fact, it is the safest form of bleaching the teeth since experts carefully check it to prevent damage to your mouth.
- Professional whitening enhances your self-esteem. You will proudly show your teeth as you smile.
- It contributes to achieving better oral health—professional teeth whitening works in reinforcing the health and strength of your teeth, aside from whitening.
- This cosmetic dental procedure is customized to meet your specific dental needs. In this case, you have to ensure that you will allot enough budget for this. As we go along the article, the cost will be discussed in just a short while.
- You can personally choose the level of brightness you want for your teeth.
- This procedure does not require several sessions. Your dentist can do it in just a one-hour appointment.
- The results of this procedure are indeed long-lasting. The procedure is surely worth the price.
- Some working industries prefer employees with whiter teeth. In that case, this is just the right option for you. Your professional life will be boosted at no particular time.
- You will gain good advice from the experts. They will continually keep you guided to maintain your good oral health condition.
A procedure can also have its disadvantages, and this is not an exemption.
- This procedure is more expensive compared to other products or take-home alternatives. In average, the cost of the procedure is $650 while the take-home trays cost only $400 and under $100 for those over-the-counter.
- The results may not come out as expected. Age, heredity and the type of stains are factors that can affect the results. Additionally, you have to take note that these results are not permanent.
- It may cause teeth sensitivity after the treatment. Your dentist may recommend treating your sensitivity, which can add up to your expense.
- You may also encounter irritation on your gums. This can be the side-effect of the whitening products in contact with the gums during the procedure.
- Since this is under the cosmetic procedure, your dental insurance may not cover the expenses. This will only mean that you have to shoulder every expense in the procedure.
- Not all patients are good candidates for the procedure, especially those who have restored teeth. The bleaching products can cause damage in restored teeth.
- There will be changes in your food choices. You can no longer eat stain-causing foods or drinks to prolong the whitening effect of the bleach.
Based on the pros and cons above, have you made your decision?
Thoughts to ponder!
Every procedure, whether minor or major, has its effects. It can either be advantageous or the other way around. In this case, it would still be best to talk about it with your dentist. As much as how eager you are to achieve whiter teeth, it would be hard to just decide on your own.
Dentists can assure which procedure is best applicable to you. It is better to ensure your safety above anything else.