Having a great dental formula is every folk’s desire for it puts a smile on his/her face. Most people even go to the extent of straightening their teeth in order to draw positive attention from the public. The use of Invisalign and braces remain highly considered because they straighten the teeth and improve general oral health. Usually, their functionality is the same although they differ in workability: for they both use incremental versatility to align the teeth little by little within a period of 6 to 2 years based on the patient’s needs. Now let’s find out which one is better between Invisalign and traditional braces by looking at their differences.
The common difference between Invisalign and braces are as follows;
• Invasilign are removable while braces are irremovable.
• Braces can treat more extensive cases like crowded teeth, gapped teeth, overbite, underbite and open bite.
• Usually, braces are known to irritate the soft tissue on lips and cheeks
• While braces work well with complex movements, Invisalign are best suited for simple and horizontal movement.
• Braces aren’t for patients who frequently get involved in contact sports. Invisalign also isn’t for folks with difficulty in committing to wearing the trays for not less than 22 hours in a day.
• Braces have quite a range of colours whereby a patient is entitled to choose. Invasiligns are commonly clear in colour that makes them unnoticeable.
• Braces require less maintenance unlike Invisalign that must be removed and cleaned before every meal and also the teeth must be brushed.
• When using braces, a patient must do away with sticky or tough foods. Contrary, with Invisalign all the delicacies can be devoured provided the trays are removed.
From the above differences, it’s crystal clear that braces and Invisalign are two different items that must be handled with care. Further, there are differences in the two treatments including one is more suitable than the other depending on the state of a patient.